Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Can Cats Predict The Weather????

A few months ago our local news stations weatherman had asked that very same question and he gave a very interesting answer. He said that cats CAN predict the weather, I thought he was full of it until I studied my own cats. When cats clean themselves watch them when they lick their paws to wipe their face.

As the cat is rubbing its face, if the paw goes behind one of its ears then wipes forward towards the face, that means the weather is going to change usually either rain or snow. Cats do clean themselves often but they don't always clean behind their ears. So if you have a cat pay close attention to it and soon you will see.

I have a lot of free time on my hands and get bored very easily so it may sound a little silly but yes I do watch my cats bathe.
Kitty 7

4 comments:

RW said...

Interesting theory!

Cliff said...

Once again it proves the theory that dogs have masters and cats have staff.

But when cats chase their tails, that means that the wind is comong from the southwest at 15 MPH.

stacys1175 said...

thats so cool I did not know that:)
cool post!! I thought that was very Interesting. big hugs to you:)

DubLiMan said...

I just stopped by to say hi, since Sindi recommended you so highly.